8.3 Your data will be used for the following purposes:
Service – Information in this category is needed in order to be able to provide School’s services to data subjects. In addition it is required to address or deal with any requests or enquiries.
Notifications – Information in this category allows us to provide data subjects with key product usage information to their preferred communication method.
Marketing – Information in this category is used to send out School’s service information to parties who have requested or are highly likely to have an interest.
8.4 Our lawful basis for processing for the personal data:
Teachers / Staff Members / Sub-contractors – Our lawful basis for processing your data is Legitimate Interest, as this forms part of delivering your job responsibilities.
Students/Learners – Our lawful basis for collecting and processing your data is Contract which you are planning to sign into in order to use our services. The data is obtained from you by you initially completing our registration/application form and interviewing you by a member of our staff.
8.5 Lawful basis for processing Non-Registered Data Subjects data
We are processing your personal data based on Explicit Consent. You may opt out of this processing at any time by contacting us directly on:
Email: [email protected]
Once you have opted out, we will no longer contact you with information about Private English Class services and all of your personal data will be deleted and/or anonymised within 28 days.
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies. Further information is available on request about the factors we shall consider when deciding whether information should be disclosed.
You can also get further information on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data; and
- how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Except as set out above Private English Class Ltd. will not pass on your personal data to new third parties without first obtaining your consent. All third parties will have in place agreements consistent with GDPR requirements. We will never sell your data to third parties.
8.7 Retention period
School will process and store personal data for learner/students, teachers and school staff members for the duration of 2 years. After this period, the data will either be updated or deleted.
For non-School users we will process and store personal data while we are in contact with you with relevant information on our services. If we have not contacted you for a period of 1 year your data will then be removed from our system.
If you have opted out to your data being processed we will delete your data within 28 days of your opt out being received.
8.8 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Satchel refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by School, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and School’s Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details
Contact Name: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Contact Details: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details
Contact Name: Private English Class Ltd. DPO
Contact Details: [email protected]
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, School, will collect and use your personal data for (i) assessing your current skills in order to advise what services we can offer to you (ii) contacting you about key notifications and (iii) in certain cases sending marketing information about our products.
Why does Private English Class Ltd. need to collect and store personal data?
For students, parents, teachers and school staff members, in order for Private English Class Ltd. to provide those users with our services, we need to collect and process their personal data for delivering service to the right person and with the right information.
For marketing purposes we focus on contacts that have consented to receiving relevant material.
For non-registered users we need to collect and process personal information on users who have expressed an interest in our services so we can contact them with the relevant information. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Private English Class Ltd. share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Private English Class Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to support in delivering our service.
We do not currently process any sensitive personal data, however in the future, if this changes and we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Private English Class Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Private English Class Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Private English Class Ltd. is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Private English Class Ltd. contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
If you are a student/learner or non-registered user Private English Class Ltd. at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
If you are a student, teacher or school staff member Private English Class Ltd. will need to receive a request from you to access the data.
If Private English Class Ltd. does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Private English Class Ltd. or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
- What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Private English Class Ltd. accepts the following forms of certified ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving Licence
- Birth certificate
- National ID (from other countries)
Once ID has been approved these records will not be retained.
How does School protect my personal data?
Private English Class Ltd is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / Managing Director
Contact Name: Private English Class Ltd. DPO
Contact Details: [email protected]